Anyone set up a client/server application using stream tubes?

Faisal Anwar fanwar at mediamods.com
Mon Oct 27 11:29:24 EDT 2008

Thanks, I'll check out Etoys further to see how it is done there. I've
looked through Read already and have already documented a similar pattern in
the Almanac. I was hoping to document some more advanced uses of stream
tubes where users can share binary or large-sized data on demand (rather
than just at startup for initializing an activity, which is what is done in
Read). I've been finding it epecially challenging to use the stream tubes in
conjunction with threads, which would allow such repeated sharing to occur
without blocking the larger functionality of the activity.

Best,

Faisal