Sugar unusable as an e-book reader

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 03:24:41 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> ebooks are just the tip of the iceberg.  (and probably only the first
> iceberg)
>
> Do you have a plan to translate all the existing pdf files into your new
> wonderful format?
>
> Even if you came up with a new/wonderful ebook format, how are you going to
> convince the world do jump on your bandwagon?

I find your comments a little confusing.

Project Gutenberg publishes content in dozens of different formats. We
already have Read Etexts which is a variant of the Read activity that can
read the various formats.

See: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Read_Etexts

I would love to see more effort into integrating Read Etexts into the core
Read activity. At the moment the activity is mostly unusable, various
problems with it have been noted in this thread.

--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
 --Jonathan Lange