Sugar unusable as an e-book reader

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 01:27:05 EDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:22 PM, Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> I'd like a pdf reader that would recognize multi-column formatting and have
> mode so that the up-down arrows go up-down following columns rather than
> pages.

Surely the solution for reading books is to ignore pdf - a format optimised
for serialising text for print such that printing (which the XO doesn't even
support yet) works the same way everywhere - and going to another well
defined format more suitable for reading on a computer, such as text, rtf or
html?

--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
 --Jonathan Lange