Feature roadmap and Miniconference Meeting Today at 2PM US ET

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 12:53:47 EDT 2008


Hi Scott,

Hope you are doing well in Peru!

A few follow ups:

 > I plan to have a clean implementation of all items in section 8 by the
 > > end of this week. Then I hope everyone can help me:
I think this is a bit premature: this sounds like what the Nov 17
meeting is supposed to hammer out.  I guess it can't hurt to try to
start the process, as long as we don't fool ourselves into thinking
the result is in any way definitive before the Nov 17 planning
meetings.

GS - I want to include every serious feature. I want to collect as many 
as possible before the meeting and we can keep collecting during the 
meeting and after. The hard part will be prioritizing them and picking 
the ones we work on.

**********************
Also, there may have been proposals emailed to xocamp at laptop.org but
not to a public forum; these should be reposted to devel@ so that we
can all see and comment on them.

GS - I'm getting copies of all xocamp e-mails while we decide if we 
should start an RT queue or not. I'll scrub through them and make sure 
to forward any to devel. I think they all have been copied there but 
I'll double check.

*********************
 > -- AI for everybody: Read and update wiki: 
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/9.1.0

At the moment, I'd like to see this include a prominent section
linking to the various proposals made on devel@ (via links to the
archives on lists.laptop.org), including a list of 'interested
parties' when that can be extracted from the discussion.

GS - I agree that this is a good idea and should be done whenever 
possible. I added a note to that effect at the top 
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap#Requirements_and_Feature_Suggestions). 
  Anyone is welcome to help link in threads and define these features as 
well as possible.

HTHs. I'll send notes from the meeting too.

Thanks,

Greg S

C. Scott Ananian wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 9:28 AM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:
>> We have a feature roadmap and miniconference planning meet set for today
>>  from 2 - 3 PM US ET.
>> Meeting is on IRC, freednode.net #olpc-meeting channel.
> 
> I will likely not attend, since I think I'll be lunching with Hernan
> Pachas in Peru during that time.
> 
>> I plan to have a clean implementation of all items in section 8 by the
>> end of this week. Then I hope everyone can help me:
> 
> I think this is a bit premature: this sounds like what the Nov 17
> meeting is supposed to hammer out.  I guess it can't hurt to try to
> start the process, as long as we don't fool ourselves into thinking
> the result is in any way definitive before the Nov 17 planning
> meetings.
> 
>> 1 - 10 minutes - Review status of action items:
>>
>> -- AI : Greg will send an e-mail asking for call for proposals for
>> November meeting (called XOcamp).
> 
> I don't think I've seen proposals from Chris or Michael yet, and Marco
> said he was going to send a proposal and I haven't seen that yet,
> either.  I'd like to see a proposal from Deepak as well (possibly with
> cjb).  I would hope that can be remedied before today's meeting.
> 
> Also, there may have been proposals emailed to xocamp at laptop.org but
> not to a public forum; these should be reposted to devel@ so that we
> can all see and comment on them.
> 
>> -- AI for everybody: Read and update wiki: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/9.1.0
> 
> At the moment, I'd like to see this include a prominent section
> linking to the various proposals made on devel@ (via links to the
> archives on lists.laptop.org), including a list of 'interested
> parties' when that can be extracted from the discussion.
> 
>> 2 - 40 minutes - Take wiki, input from call for proposals and input from
>> Kim and Ed and make a draft agenda for November 17 - 21 meeting.
> 
> This should include whipping OLPC developers who haven't made
> proposals, and canvassing the proposals to see if anything is
> obviously missing, so that the draft agenda has placeholders for
> "important things" even if proposals have not yet been made.
> 
>> 3 - 10 minutes - set agenda for next week and assign/review action items.
> 
> Has this become a(nother) standing weekly meeting?
>  --scott
> 


More information about the Devel mailing list