[Community-news] Software developers needed for OLPC Afghanistan

Don dond1955 at fastmail.fm
Fri Oct 24 20:16:03 EDT 2008

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 16:09:21 -0700, "Edward Cherlin"
<echerlin at gmail.com> said:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 4:45 PM, Don <dond1955 at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > I am interested Svetla.
> >  I have lots of skills and I do also possess a bit of charm.
> > I am not religious but that does not mean that I am against religion.
> >  Sadly my knowledge of
> >  computers thus far are only windows based.  I am a G1G1 and to be
> >  frank, not a lover of microsoft.  My trade is in construction... on
> >  both the very high
> >  ends and the very low.  If you think there is a place there for one
> >  such as me so as to perhaps
> >  strengthen your credibility in that culture, please let me know.

> Actually, it is not a matter of credibility. Decades of war destroyed
> much of the building stock and infrastructure and almost all industry,
> and the Taliban drove everybody competent from the country, down to
> the level of telephone installers. Although people have been
> returning, and there is a considerable amount of investment,
> Afghanistan needs people who can teach the skills for building,
> including math, engineering, design, skilled trades, finance, and
> sustainability. And the skills for teaching.
I am a a licenced builder in the state of michigan...USA, with decades
of experience in construction...and also being friendly to everyone
along the path of creativity.  I have trained many young ones with my
knowledge over the years. I would like to help.
Who are you?
Don

--
  Don