9.1 Proposal: Web based activities

Bobby Powers bobbypowers at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 18:03:02 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Several activities needs a web view and currently duplicate a  lot of
> Browse code to implement one. This is a maintenance nigthmare. I would
> like to provide a trivial way to create such activities using
> sugar-toolkit. I'm looking for feedback about the required
> functionalities of such API and ideas on how it could be used.
> Combining gtk, html and python/javascript could get pretty powerful.

There hasn't been much talk lately, but it would be nice if you could
expose this in a rendering engine neutral way (As much as possible).
If in the future we want to switch to WebKit or something else, it
would be great if it broke as few of these derivative activities as
possible

bobby