9.1 Proposal: Top five performance problems

Michael Stone michael at laptop.org
Fri Oct 24 12:40:13 EDT 2008

Marco,

I did some basic profiling of my new rainbow code last night and
discovered that, in the best case with the current codebase on XO, it
costs about 0.5s/"1 exec(python)". Approximately 80% of the 0.5s was
spent importing modules.

I hope to dig deeper in the near future, but I am concerned at my lack
of inspiration about how to deal with this problem. (Other than by
rewriting into a different language.) I still do not consider the
mod_python approach used in the 767-era rainbow to be a viable long-term
solution.

Michael

P.S. - Your talk outline looks great!