9.1 Proposal: Printing support

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Wed Oct 22 12:55:14 EDT 2008

> We should not ignore the fact that OLPCs are deployed in places like
> Birmingham and Montevideo, which have abundant access to paper and
> printers.
>   --scott

Well, maybe not "abundant" in all cases.  When I lived in Silicon Valley
I had a friend who was a teacher in San Jose (CA).  He used to have to
pay for duplication supplies out of his own pocket because the school
didn't have the budget.  And on a teacher's salary, that wasn't easy for
him.

The newspapers here in Hawaii are full of articles about upcoming school
budget cuts.