Feature roadmap and Miniconference Meeting Today at 2PM US ET

Greg Smith gregsmitholpc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 12:53:47 EDT 2008

Hi Scott,

Hope you are doing well in Peru!

A few follow ups:

 > I plan to have a clean implementation of all items in section 8 by the
 > > end of this week. Then I hope everyone can help me:
I think this is a bit premature: this sounds like what the Nov 17
meeting is supposed to hammer out.  I guess it can't hurt to try to
start the process, as long as we don't fool ourselves into thinking
the result is in any way definitive before the Nov 17 planning
meetings.

GS - I want to include every serious feature. I want to collect as many
as possible before the meeting and we can keep collecting during the
meeting and after. The hard part will be prioritizing them and picking
the ones we work on.

**********************
Also, there may have been proposals emailed to xocamp at laptop.org but
not to a public forum; these should be reposted to devel@ so that we
can all see and comment on them.

GS - I'm getting copies of all xocamp e-mails while we decide if we
should start an RT queue or not. I'll scrub through them and make sure
to forward any to devel. I think they all have been copied there but
I'll double check.

*********************
 > -- AI for everybody: Read and update wiki:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/9.1.0

At the moment, I'd like to see this include a prominent section
linking to the various proposals made on devel@ (via links to the
archives on lists.laptop.org), including a list of 'interested
parties' when that can be extracted from the discussion.

GS - I agree that this is a good idea and should be done whenever
possible. I added a note to that effect at the top
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap#Requirements_and_Feature_Suggestions).
  Anyone is welcome to help link in threads and define these features as
well as possible.

HTHs. I'll send notes from the meeting too.

Thanks,

Greg S