Future Feature Weekly Planning Meeting

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Fri Oct 17 17:08:32 EDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 9:16 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:
>>- Jim mentioned the need to plan in person meeting more in advance and
>>more than just the next one. e.g. start thinking now about one in
>>January (around Fudcon?).
>
> More specifically, we spoke about the fact that people who want to be
> involved in setting OLPC's future direction should make plans _now_ to
> attend our >=9.2 planning conference (which will be in something like
> 7-8 months.)
>
> The discussion around Fudcon was simply that it would be good to take
> time in January (e.g. before or after Fudcon) to take stock of our
> progress toward the goals we set in November and to make any necessary
> course corrections.

I the particular suggestion that was made that we already *know* the
dates for the next "big joint meeting" (whether you call it an XO
camp, or a planning meeting, or just a big party): the next FUDcon
will have an OLPC track, with OLPC sessions and presentations, and
therefore it's a great time to bring in all the scattered OLPC
developers and sit down together.  We should make concrete plans as
soon as possible to let those with long lead times plan appropriately.
 At that January meeting we will certainly take stock of our progress
towards 9.1 goals, but we should probably also consider long range
goals, and start planning in January how to appropriately lay
groundwork for 9.2 (and beyond).   For example, in January hopefully
we can pick concrete dates for the "meeting after that", at which we
will make decisions about 9.2, and identify some features which aren't
going to completely make 9.1 as being priorities to complete in 9.2,
and so on.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )