Master kernel in Joyride.

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Thu Oct 16 21:11:05 EDT 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 20:18 -0400, Chris Ball wrote:
> Now that the Joyride floodgates are open, which kernel branch do you
> recommend we start testing in Joyride for the 9.1 release?  If the
> master branch, are there any regressions in it compared to the testing
> branch?  Which of 2.6.2[567] should we aim to ship with 9.1?

If 9.1 isn't going to be released for about six months, I'd suggest
actually waiting and picking a later kernel -- at least 2.6.28 (likely
release in January), possibly 2.6.29 (probably April) depending on the
exact schedule for 9.1.

This also would make it match up better for getting the rest of the
OLPC-specific changes upstreamed ;-)

Jeremy