Fedora 10 for 9.1.0?

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed Oct 15 05:40:10 EDT 2008

Am 15.10.2008 um 11:02 schrieb Tomeu Vizoso:

> On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de
> > wrote:
>> Am 15.10.2008 um 01:19 schrieb david at lang.hm:
>>
>>> the distro landscape has changed a bit in the last few years, is it
>>> worth
>>> considering a jump to Ubuntu if it has a better fit for your release
>>> cycle? at the very least it telegraphs the long-term support
>>> versions.
>>

>> Ubuntu also seems a much better fit in spirit than RedHat.
>
> Don't know much about spirits, but AFAIHS, RedHat has contributed
> enormously to Sugar. Do we really know if a switch from RH to
> Canonical would have worked better?

I did not mean to belittle RedHat's contributions and much less that
of the Fedora community. That's not what I was suggesting, and I also
would not lump the RedHat developers with RedHat as a company, besides
that is history anyway so we cannot change it to see where things
would stand if this or that did / did not happen.

My point was that overall, RedHat is targeting businesses, where
Ubuntu aims for individuals. The latter seems to be better aligned
with the OLPC goals. That's all.

Anyway, I'll desert the rwar before it begins ...

- Bert -