OLPC as Project of the Day at FOSS.in

John Gilmore gnu at toad.com
Tue Oct 14 15:15:41 EDT 2008

How about Collaboration as project of the day?

Isn't our collaboration framework already shipped in other distros?
The problem is that few applications actually use it to allow easy
collaboration among end-users.  There's probably some GUI work needed,
and some integration with each app.

If we could catalyze/bootstrap the collaborative aspect of general
Linux applications, we'd get a lot more community buy-in than if we
proposed a project that only runs on XO hardware (no end user runs
Sugar off XO hardware).  (Unless we provided an XO to each conference
attendee...)

As a result, we'd have a lot more collab-ified Linux applications that
could be run by the kids on their XO's.  And a lot more app developers
would have collab in mind as they wrote their next app.

	John