[Health] VideoChat is working now - hooray!

repyke at infionline.net repyke at infionline.net
Mon Oct 13 18:57:51 EDT 2008

I agree that low cost , low tech, open source e-health/telehealth apps is the best way to go  in remote areas of the world as written about and demonstrated by Paul's partner in crime over at Partners Health Care, Dr Joe Kvedar. In those settings the above is ideal, but I can also make a case for a more powerful platform at the major medical centers or hubs. One of the problems in the US and to lesser extent the rest of the world, is that the vendors of telehealth/e-health are pushing te high end eqiupment and apps and thats part of the disconnect in what we really want to do , i.e provide low cost telehealth solutions to the world.
imho,