ship Gnash 0.8.4 RC1 in OLPC 8.2.0?

Daniel Drake dsd at
Mon Oct 13 09:59:04 EDT 2008

On 10/12/08, Carlos Nazareno <object404 at> wrote:
> Hey OLPC team.
> No, really, is there any chance OLPC can ship Gnash 0.8.4 with XO OS
> final 8.2.0?

Very doubtful.. this Gnash release is several weeks too late to meet
8.2.0. We froze things quite a while ago.

My suggestion would be to find websites that work better in Gnash
0.8.4, then propose an 8.2.1 release including the upgrade:

> It wouldn't hurt for you to include this snapshot in your release as a
> gnash 0.8.4-rc1.  It WOULD hurt for you to include 0.8.3 because it
> doesn't play YouTube.  Unless we find a strong reason not to, we'll do
> a release tomorrow (about 28 hours from now).

I don't think we will play YouTube, regardless of whether 0.8.3 or
0.8.4 is shipped in 8.2.x. We don't ship the youtube-required
proprietary codecs.