Read bug hit in Rwanda

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 11 19:32:29 EDT 2008

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Greg Smith <gregsmitholpc at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Sayamindu,
>
> Are you maintaining Read now or is Morgan?
>
> I got a ping from Brian who is in Rwanda and he confirmed that this bug:
> http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/7090
>
> was actually seen by kids there. Just as cjl predicted in Trac, it was
> hit by kids on first exposure to the XO.
>
> Can we get some attention on that one? Especially if it can be fixed in
> the activity, I would like to have a new version in place when we try to
> upgrade Rwanda 8.2.0 later this year.

Morgan is maintaining Read, but I'm helping him with the work,
especially in the UI and features segment  (Read needs a lot of love
:-). I'll look into the problem, and if no other quick solution is
found, as Brian suggests, I'll restrict the upper zoom limit of Read
so that at least it would not crash.
I noticed that even in Evince, the maximum amount of allowed zoom is a
factor of 4 (400%) - so probably they are also restricting the maximum
zoom.
Thanks,
Sayamindu

--