journal tagging

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 21:22:06 EDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 11, 2008 at 3:49 AM, Carlos Nazareno <object404 at gmail.com> wrote:
> By tagging, do we mean tagging like in blogs where you have multiple
> terms that can be used as filters, or tagging as in more like giving
> the "file" a name?

The only thing I think that may work quite well with tagging in a
journal perspective is that it (the tagging action) is personal in
nature rather than being done in a folksonomy (social, collaborative)
manner.

If the journal will always become personal, then tagging will make
perfect sense, but when activities/files in the journal are moved and
collected in one place (say the school server), then it may result to
one very big tag cloud with similar meanings but different
interpretations.

--
Jerome G.

Website: http://www.gotangco.com