using synergy

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Oct 10 12:04:51 EDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Ed McNierney <ed at laptop.org> wrote:
> Paul -
>
> Thanks very much for this help.  I've been wanting to be a "real user" of my
> XO more and this all helps me get pointed in the right direction.  I'm also
> hoping the two hours I spend each day working on my XO on the commuter train
> will be a tiny little marketing pitch prior to G1G1 Day on November 17!
>
>    - Ed

Hi Ed,

I am impressed that you are making an effort for getting familiar with
the XO as a *user*. Before you get offended at my comment, let me
point out that it isn't uncommon (especially in IT) for people to sell
something that they themselves haven't used :-)

It take a bit of adaptation to use the XO, but it works for most
things. Most importantly though, it gives one a real view of things as
opposed to second hand opinions.

The marketing bit in public places goes well, although you
occasionally have to look at the stares around you and initiate the
conversation. :-) In Jamaica, we made information slips for onlookers
and curious bystanders. A short elevator (or commuter) pitch and an
info slip does the trick!

There's also talk about doing minimoo cards for G1G1 this year...

Jamaica info slip: http://wiki.laptop.org/images/0/03/Infocard.pdf
Minimoo cards: http://www.moo.com/products/minicards.php

cheers,
Sameer