journal is hard (was Re: notes from the field - Mongolia)

Garrett Goebel garrett.goebel at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 08:45:50 EDT 2008

Elana Langer wrote from Mongolia:
> basically when teachers and students try to find their work (write,
> record, etoys)  in the journal it is hard for them to locate it -
> especially if it is more than a few days old. This is why everyone is
> desperate to save their projects on USB keys.

This could be made much easier if Sugar apps prompted the user for
tags when shutting down an application.

I know it is a goal to require as little text as possible. And I'm not
sure what images could universally convey the message correctly... but
basically:

Would you like to tag the state of this activity? Y/N

...followed by a prompt for the user to enter tags.

cheers,

Garrett