UBIFS 8.2 image
dsaxena at laptop.org
Fri Oct 10 06:41:19 EDT 2008
I have created an initial UBIFS 8.2 image that can be used for testing
and playing with.
for information on how this was created and some of my intial notes.
If you just want to download and run:
* Make sure your XO has security disabled
* Make sure your XO is running the latest OFW. The best way to do this
is to update it to 8.2.0.
* Download the following files to a USB stick:
* Boot the laptop with USB stick and escape into the OFW prompt.
ok dev nand : write-blocks write-pages ; dend
write-blocks isn't unique # You can ignore this
ok update-nand u:\data.img
* At this point OFW will erase the flash and copy the contents of the
nand.img file to flash. When complete you can simply reboot the system.
If you want to know a bit more about UBIFS, why we're looking at it,
and the overall impact a switch over would have, see the following
page that is still under development:
Thanks to Mitch Bradley for his help with OFW and Erik Garrison for
his OFW image builder script.
Deepak Saxena - Kernel Developer - dsaxena at laptop.org
More information about the Devel