[sugar] notes from the field - Mongolia

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue Oct 7 18:04:23 EDT 2008

> Fully qualified names (file names) are simple.  They are misused to the
> extent that users give things strange or confusing names.  But, the
> names are qualified and the users can encounter their work simply by
> remembering most components of the name.  The concept is
> straightforward: given this key I will always find the data I need, and
> only that data.

There is nothing to prevent the user from entering his "fully
qualified name" components as space-separated keywords in the tag
field for the journal entry.  Then the Journal search function (I
just tried it on 8.2) will show only those entries whose keywords
match all strings entered in the Journal search box.  [The principal
problem is that the current implementation does not enforce keyword
order, nor keyword length - if an entry tagged "Ind Zip" matches, so
will an entry tagged "Zipfiles Index".]

mikus