notes on Journal feedback (was Re: Bundle activity)

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 11:07:11 EDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 10:33 AM, Carlo Falciola <cfalciola at yahoo.it> wrote:
> Let's add Upload/Download from a website, too.

Let's hash that point out a bit further, because I can see it in two
ways.  The primary discriminator is whether by "a website" you mean
"any website" or "a particular website".

In the former case, I think the task is really suited to Browse (or
your browser of choice), as it's usually necessary to upload via a
form specific to the site.  We should do a little more work to make
uploading a file easy, and to make the download process more
streamlined, requiring fewer steps to ultimately view a downloaded
file.  I believe there are some ideas on how to do this floating
around, ideally eliminating the need to dive into the Journal first to
open the newly downloaded object.

In the latter case, you might be referring to something which will,
hopefully, become a part of the backup system.  The backup system will
naturally push things from the Journal to the server.  In the future,
we certainly could expand this idea with the addition of, for lack of
a better term right now, "share me" flag.  Any document with a "share
me" flag, once backed up, could be served up locally on the school
server to provide an ever growing repository of content and
information, for sharing and remixing.

Which of of these, or what other undiscussed notion of
upload/download, did you have in mind?  Thanks!

- Eben