Build 767 - yum update problem

Robert Myers rmyers7 at mindspring.com
Sun Oct 5 23:06:56 EDT 2008

Carlos,

> Looks like my previous problem with "yum update" was with build 766
> itself, not due to to any repositories I added.
>
> I just installed a fresh copy of build 767 via USB stick, installed
> latest version of activities, updated activities, then did:
>
> su
> yum update
>
> After yum update had downloaded the appropriate files, it stopped with
> the following errors:
>
> Resolving Dependencies
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: NetworkManager >= 0.6.5 for package: olpc-update
> ---> Package NetworkManager-glib.i386 1:0.7.0-0.11.svn4022.4.fc9 set
> to be updated
> --> Processing Dependency: NetworkManager = 1:0.7.0-0.11.svn4022.4.fc9 for
> package: NetworkManager-glib
 >
 > What's causing these?

I've run into that in a slightly different context.

OLPC is running NetworkManager 6.5, the Fedora repository (and hence
yum) has moved to 7.0.

 > Can we fix these before shipping 8.20?

I don't think that's going to happen. I believe that there was a
conscious decision to stay with 6.5 for release 8.2 to avoid having to
change other parts of the networking code.

 > yum update used to work perfectly fine with update.1 711 with no errors.

I believe that that's because Fedora 7 used NM 6.5.

Bob