5 sec boot

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Sun Oct 5 14:36:15 EDT 2008

NoiseEHC wrote:
> When I will finally have some time (currently I am working even on
> weekends) I will finish my half made zlib decompression code.

To what end?  AFAIK the zlib decompression (both in OFW and in the OS)
is not one of the primary problem areas.

> Where is that Security hash's code?
The computation code is at http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=bios-crypto .  It
is based on LibTomCrypt.

The specific hashes and signatures that we use are detailed in the
"Computation" column of http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Firmware_security#Summary

The security computation code has undergone an audit by outside security
experts.  Any changes to the core code would require an additional audit.