Devel Digest, Vol 32, Issue 13

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Sun Oct 5 00:29:47 EDT 2008

rihoward1 at gmail.com wrote:
> Mitch,
>
> Are there any other tests you would like me to run with q2e19?

This might be a lot to ask, because it can be pretty tedious to test,
but since you offered ... :-)

The "Handle ramdisk location changes required by new Linux kernels"
change is potentially disruptive, so it could use more testing.
Specifically, it would be good to test booting from several different
kernels, both in the 2.6.22 series and the 2.6.25 series , in both
secure and non-secure modes.

I tried 2.6.25-whatever from os 759 in non secure mod, 2.6.25-whatever
from OS 703 in secure and non-secure, and a custom 2.6.22 kernel in
non-secure.  Other data points would be most welcome.

You could also try out the multicast nand update thing if you are really
eager.  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Multicast_NAND_FLASH_Update tells how.