RetroMessenger on OLPC

Ton van Overbeek tvoverbeek at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 15:02:14 EST 2008

The provided executable links dynamically with libwx*
So I installed wxGTK-2.8.9-1.fc9.i386 and wxBase-2.8.9-1.fc9.i386 on the XO.
Program starts but aborts immediately with the following message:
------------
Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions detected.
The library used 2.8 (no debug, Unicode, compiler with C++ ABI 1002,
wx containers, compatibe
with 2.4, compatible with 2.6)
and your program used 2.8 (no debug, Unicode, compiler with C++ ABI
1002, wx containers, compatibe
with 2.6)
Does not sound like a real incompatibility to me.

Ton van Overbeek