Power Management plan for December.

Michail Bletsas mbletsas at laptop.org
Sat Nov 29 11:51:51 EST 2008

Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote on 11/28/2008 04:18:11 PM:

> Bugs I plan to fix:
>
> * #2765 -- Need to turn off DCON after some time in idle suspend
> * #3732 -- ARP broadcasts don't wake autosuspended laptops
This works now and Ricardo has tested it. The remaining bugs in WOL don't
affect it.
B.t.w. this should be re-phrased as ARP requests for XO's own IP address.

Ricardo,

Can you update the trac?

> * #7981 -- EC mask setting is inefficient
> * #9055 -- Create 9.1 test plans for automatic power management
>
> Bugs I will need significant help to fix:
>
> * #6818 -- Make the multicast wakeup filter work with collaboration
>     (Ricardo Carrano?)
Again, WOL works as it is supposed to be. The WOL filter wakes up the
laptop when it receives a frame destined for a multicast address that the
network adapter listens for. That means that as we stand right now the XOs
will wake up on reception of every frame destined for the presence
service.
One way out of this would be to stop the presence service before going to
sleep and starting it up again upon coming out of sleep.
In that manner presence updates won't wake up the XO, but traffic destined
to already running activities will.

M.