installing fonts How To

S Page info at skierpage.com
Thu Nov 27 06:10:30 EST 2008

Someone e-mailed me a huge HTML document that uses Comic Sans MS heavily.

The discussion page for Fonts had a link to installing a TTF font on the
XO, and I got it to work.  So I added a section on this to
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Fonts#Installing_fonts, also a section on What
fonts are already installed, a guess at why ~olpc/.fonts doesn't work, etc.

* It seems I didn't have to restart the XO or Sugar/X or even restart an
activity -- Write's font menu showed the new font the moment I switched
back to it.
* I'm not sure about the legality of what I did.

Maybe a font expert can improve
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Fonts#Installing_fonts , edit away.

Thanks on behalf of XO users.
--