Touch pads

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Nov 25 15:55:42 EST 2008

Bryan Berry wrote:

>> David Leeming
>>
>> Solomon Islands, South Pacific
>
> We have consistently had similar problems in Nepal. I think it is a
> hardware problem.

The core of the problem has yet to be identified but it certainly has
hardware aspects.

Here at 1cc we still don't have many units that have chronic symptoms to
test with.

It will be helpful if people who see the problem a lot can provide a
sampling of serial numbers for units that seem to be the worst.

If you do do have laptops that have the problem consistently we might
want to try and do some sort of swap.

Also if you can continue to correlate cool mornings with working and hot
humid afternoons with not working that sort of data is useful.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child