Packet loss during wireless scans (Testing needed)

John Ferlito johnf at inodes.org
Mon Nov 24 20:55:46 EST 2008

Hi,

I've been debugging a packet loss issue with the VideoChat application
for the last few days. After a fair bit of fiddling I discovered the
packet loss is being caused by network scans being performed by
Network Manager. We are seeing 0.4-0.8 second losses of network
connectivity when these occur.

I've filed a bug here https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/9048

The problem is easily reproducible by doing the following

    ping -i 0.1 GATEWAY_IP
    iwlist eth0 scan

You should see two lots of 4 packets drop and the antennae light on
the XO should flash.

My testing has been on
Build: 767
Firmware: Q2E18
Marvel Firmware: 5.110.22.p18

Could others with other builds please test to see if this has been
around for a while. Email me privately and I'll summarise in the
ticket.

Cheers,
John

--
Blog                        http://www.inodes.org/blog
OLPC Friends                     http//olpcfriends.org