x11vnc and vncviewer for classroom

Arjun Sarwal arjun at laptop.org
Sat Nov 22 10:22:12 EST 2008

I ran x11vnc server on my Ubuntu desktop, used vncviewer from the XOs
to connect to the machine.
I have two XOs that I am testing it with. The performance seems
reasonable. Upon having a look I see that the screen on the XOs
refreshes once about every one second.

I was wondering if someone could comment on the performance when I
have about 30 X0s connected to the same ?

The idea is that in a classroom, teacher wants to have these
intermediate sessions where he just wants to explain to kids by doing
things on his screen - mainly go through specific pages of a pdf while
simultaneously explaining something orally. There are ~30 kids in the
classroom.

Also, any specific tweaks/settings that you could suggest for this scenario ?

All XOs and the computer are connected to an AP as of now.

Thanks!

--
Arjun Sarwal
arjun at laptop.org