Wacom Bamboo with XO?

Chris Marshall jns-cmarshall at comcast.net
Fri Nov 21 23:34:49 EST 2008

Wade Brainerd wrote:
> For someone with a tablet, it would be nice to see the results of a
> simple PyGTK program which reports X, Y and Pressure from the
> gtk.gdk.SOURCE_PEN device, using the gtk.gdk.Device API.
>
> http://www.pygtk.org/docs/pygtk/class-gdkdevice.html
>
> If this works, it would be quite easy to integrate Wacom support into
> Colors! and other Sugar activities.

Well, I'm going to try to get follow the Wacom
instructions for installing the tablet drivers.
I haven't built or installed a linux kernel or
drivers so we'll see how that learning curve
goes...then there are the special idiosyncracies
of the XO. :-)

Once the driver and kernel modules are built for
the 8.2 os kernel, how would we go about distributing
the drivers in a usable fashion.  Following kernel
compile and link instructions won't work.  We need
something like a signed update.  Is there any way
to have a signed update by a developer rather than
the OLPC?  Otherwise, is there a way to make the
tablet driver available for an Activity?

--Chris