libertas firmware version query

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Wed Nov 19 17:23:22 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 7:59 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Quick query on the libertas-usb8388-firmware package. Is the firmware
> version dependent on the kernel version or anything else?
>
> The reason I ask is that the version in joyride is
> 2:5.110.22.p18-1.olpc2 from the old olpc2 branch and the one in Fedora
> mainline is 2:5.110.22.p14-1.fc10. So there's a difference of p18 vs
> p14. Is there any reason not to push the later version into Fedora
> mainline and just use that package for all?

Can't speak for those specific versions, but there certainly has been
interdependence between the kernel and the firmware in the past. We
had a bug during the 8.2 runup for a few weeks where collaboration
just didn't work. I tracked this down to the fact that multicasts
weren't happening, and I traced that bug to a mismatch between kernel
and firmware.

Daniel