Differents behaviours of my application

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Tue Nov 18 12:55:21 EST 2008

Hi Aleix,

On 18 Nov 2008, at 17:13, Aleix Palet wrote:

> To do this, I've reading the wiki (which is a bit confusing) and I
> learned that I have to play with the read_file and write_file
> options. What I've done is what I write next (with the consequent
> problems):

Wiki baptism by fire :-) I think the best effort is:

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_Almanac

> - in the init method of my app, I do the the
> acticity.Activity.__init__ and then I create the filechooser, I
> choose the file and then load, I guess i shouldn't do it like this,
> because when my app is executed through the read_file method, first
> this __init__ method is called, showing me the filechooser which I
> don't want!

OK. I made some slightly naughty timing trick, after hitting the same
problem (Moon activity). After asking the list Tomeu suggested the
less naught trick is to see if you are offered a Journal object_id.
I've been deflected by localisation/Pootle since then (my excuse), so
I've not implemented this yet. It should go something like this:

from sugar.datastore import datastore
... ...
... ...
dataStore = datastore.get(self.handle.object_id)
if dataStore == None:
	# I'm a journal virgin
else:
	# resumed