New joyride build 2544

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 13:05:13 EST 2008

>>> That sounds like music to my hears!
>>>
>>> I think that we are using #olpc-devel in OFTC to work on the F10
>>> rebase, feel free to join us.
>>
>> OFTC?
>
> Sorry: http://www.oftc.net/oftc/
>
>>> About updating sugar in rawhide, perhaps you can just watch out the
>>> commits in the OLPC-4 branches and decide yourself when to update
>>> Rawhide?
>>
>> I did this comparison from Fedora mainline to joyride 2514 for a 8.2
>> comparison, I guess quite a bit of it will be still relevant.
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-olpc-list/2008-October/msg00025.html
>
> Yes, I see it quite in line with
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Distro_Version_Migration_Nastiness . What do
> you think?
>
> I see that today Denis forked SDL_mixer to drop the MIDI samples.
> Perhaps next step would be to drop the unneeded GNOME packages?

Not sure but I'll add it to my list. The other thought that had come
to mind. Is there a plan for this release to move from gnome-vfs to
gio/gvfs (does OLPC even use it?). I think quite a few of the mainline
packages have moved that direction so. I also plan to look at getting
alot of the bits like cd-rom related bits split out. The will also be
useful for NetBook style spins (I'm also involved in Fedora Mini for
small devices - netbooks, MIDs etc) as none of those come with any
form of optical drive.

Another query, what is the reason in a number of packages to drop the
gtk-docs option from some packages? I can't see the difference in
files between packages, just wondering what the reasons are?

Cheers,
Peter