[IAEP] Tentative talk schedule: Nov 19

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu Nov 13 01:49:58 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:07 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
>> Does this schedule seem reasonable to others?  (Esp. those I've
>> pencilled in for talks?)  If you are going to be in town, made a 9.1
>> proposal (or forgot to), and aren't listed above, let me know.
>
> There is a lot of interest about a talk on collaboration, Brendan
> offered to lead at least part of it. Perhaps we could make it a 2
> hours slot on the other days, similar to Walter/Christian.

Sorry, I'd originally left that out because we didn't have someone to
lead it; I was a bit behind on my mail and didn't see Brendan's
proposal/offer.  Also, it seems like Yamandu will be attending; I'd
missed his proposal in my original schedule as well.

My current vague thinking is to group the less-technical
learning-and-content-oriented talks (Yamandu's, OLE's presentation,
and Chris/Michael's Uruguay report) on another day (Tuesday?
Thursday?  I'll have to sit down with Bernie again), and to add
Yamandu-on-i18n to the i18n hour on Wed, if he'd like to make a
10-15min presentation.  I think I can squeeze in 30 mins for
collaboration on Wed if Brendan wants to make a formal proposal; if we
all just want to sit down and brainstorm collaboration, then a 2 hour
block on not-Wednesday sounds perfect.

I was really hoping to get Morgs or Collabora to give a 'state of
collaboration' talk to set the stage.  Hopefully we can get that in
January's meeting.

Keep the comments coming -- it seems that no one is completely
appalled by the idea of cramming all the technical talks into one day?
 If this level of non-dissent continues, Bernie and I will pencil in
Wed as 'technical talk day' on the wiki, and folks can start adding
details for their talks, trading talk slots, etc.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )