Fwd: OLPC gitoroius hub

Henry Edward Hardy henry at laptop.org
Sun Nov 9 15:51:55 EST 2008

FYI --HH.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Johan Sørensen <johan at johansorensen.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 9, 2008 at 2:44 PM
Subject: Re: OLPC gitoroius hub
To: Henry Edward Hardy <henry at laptop.org>

Hi Henry,

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 5:00 PM, Henry Edward Hardy <henry at laptop.org> wrote:
> Dear Johan and Mitchell,
>
> I heard that you were working on a gitorious hub for OLPC projects. Thank
> you for taking this on; it's something that we currently don't have the
> bandwidth to work on ourselves, but if you can make this work and take off
> with volunteer-run OLPC code projects using it, I would very much like to
> talk with you both about making it an official part of OLPC's
infrastructure
> ("blessing" it with a laptop.org URL, advertising it to users, and so
> forth). We're excited to see work of this sort being taken up by the
> community!

Thank you! As a newcomer to the OLPC community (who yet has to
contribute something other than ideas and existing code), I'm quite
amazed at the openess towards improving the development way within the
community so far. This can only be a good thing.

http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/olpc-sysadmin,
> if any of you are interested in joining. The VIG wiki home is:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC:Volunteer_Infrastructure_Group
>
> Thanks again, and best of luck.

Thank you, I'll try and stop by.

> --Henry Edward Hardy
> OLPC Sysadmin and occasional buccaneer
> sysadmin at laptop.org
>
> --
> ...to live effectively is to live with adequate information.
> --Norbert Wiener, Cybernetics, 1948

Cheers,
JS