[sugar] Wrapping Sugar activities for other desktops

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 16:51:42 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 6:45 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Martin Langhoff
>> <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Well, our journal use model says that the document is picked before
>>> the app is called, so if we support
>>>
>>>  $ sugar-wrapper Write.xo mydocument.rtf
>>>
>>> then we're done. (Again, I might be extraordinarily naive about this :-) ).
>>
>> Currently activities uses the datastore dbus service to open/save
>> files (ultimately they just open/save from disk, but there are some
>> dbus calls to interact with the datastore), so it would mean to
>> support two different code paths in the activities.
>
> For the simple case of launching an activity by resuming an instance from
> the Journal, I don't think that's true.

Can you elaborate? I'm probably missing something... In the resuming
case currently a journal UID is passed to the activity, which gets the
path to the corresponding file using the datastore dbus API. How do
you propose to change that to work without a datastore/journal?

Marco