[sugar] Wrapping Sugar activities for other desktops

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Sat Nov 8 06:43:37 EST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 2:21 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, our journal use model says that the document is picked before
> the app is called, so if we support
>
>  $ sugar-wrapper Write.xo mydocument.rtf
>
> then we're done. (Again, I might be extraordinarily naive about this :-) ).

Currently activities uses the datastore dbus service to open/save
files (ultimately they just open/save from disk, but there are some
dbus calls to interact with the datastore), so it would mean to
support two different code paths in the activities.

A fuse layer to the Tomeu datastore or Scott olpcfs would help here...
but they are not available yet.

Marco