InputMethod doesn't work with Rainbow activity isolation

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 17:31:03 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Korakurider <korakurider at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have difficulty to make Japanese input method (SCIM-anthy) work on 8.2-767.
> Input method can't be activated on activity window even if hit
> Ctrl-Space (IME on/off switch).
> After some experiment I found that IME can be activated if activity
> isolation is disabled.
> If isolation is enabled, I can activate IME only in terminal activity.
> Any clue to make it work even with isolation?
>
> Sayamindu,
> Just a quick report though ...
> I also tested ibus-anthy.
> Now installation is straightforward with yum.
> While it is also affected by isolation, I can activate it and input
> Japanese string
> into activity window.

Could you replace the attached files in your XO (/usr/bin/olpc-session
and /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rainbow/service.py) and test ?
(ideally rainbow should be enabled)

I tested with scim-anthy, and it works for me (to be on the safe side,
edit ~/.i18n and set it to en_US.UTF-8)

All activities seem to work, except for Scratch and Etoys. Maybe you
can understand better what is happening here ?

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--
Sayamindu Dasgupta