[OLPC Security] Bitfrost and dual-boot

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Sat May 31 06:58:29 EDT 2008

On 30.05.2008, at 19:38, C. Scott Ananian wrote:

> In any case, the best response is clear: continue to work on the Linux
> software stack and ensure that it is simply better than the Windows
> alternative.  I've heard a lot of sturm und drang, but am saddened
> that I haven't seen much help from those shouting in actually making
> Sugar/Linux more competitive:
>  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5452
>  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/5451
> (as well as the task lists I've previously posted at:
>  http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-May/014539.html (end
> of message)
>  http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-May/0136 )

+5 on that. Just being free and open doesn't cut it, it actually has
to be at least as good as the proprietary software for the users.

Let's hope some more folk from the peanut gallery joins us down here
in the arena. We need people like Albert who do both - criticize *and*
contribute, like he did with libsugarize which still is the simplest
thing to get regular apps running as an activity.

- Bert -