Bitfrost and dual-boot

Arne Babenhauserheide arne_bab at web.de
Thu May 29 20:05:52 EDT 2008

Am Freitag 30 Mai 2008 01:44:29 schrieb Edward Cherlin:

> > I don't often write here, but at the moment I don't see why BitFrost
> > should be used in the first case (except, because we _can_).
>
> Because of governments that will not buy unprotected laptops for
> schoolchildren.

But they buy them with Windows... ;)

Still, that is a reason I understand.

> And if the government installs Windows on your XO, whose problem is it
> then? If it was just people, we wouldn't be having this argument.

That depends on whether the government and schools can lock children in
Windows.

> > Or did I miss Windows getting preinstalled on every XO or something
> > similarly absurd?
>
> Yes, you did. Egypt in particular demanded dual-boot XOs for all of
> its students.

Ouch, that's really painful.

Seems I did miss quite much, when I didn't have time to read my mails...

Many thanks for getting me up to date,
Arne