Bitfrost and dual-boot

Arne Babenhauserheide arne_bab at web.de
Thu May 29 17:25:05 EDT 2008

Am Donnerstag 29 Mai 2008 23:07:23 schrieb Edward Cherlin:
> The question was, how to protect Linux from Windows, in particular
> from malware allowed in by Windows. (Or possibly from malware designed
> into Windows, a "marketing" practice not unknown in the past.)
> Protecting Windows-only machines is Microsoft's problem, not ours.

I don't often write here, but at the moment I don't see why BitFrost should be
used in the first case (except, because we _can_).

Why protect GNU/Linux from Windows?

If people install Windows on their XOs, then it's their problem.

And the Virus/BotNet/... can't spread to not Windows infected XOs, so there's
no reason to be afraid.

Or did I miss Windows getting preinstalled on every XO or something similarly
absurd?

Best wishes,
Arne
--
Unpolitisch sein
Heißt politisch sein

-- Weblog: http://blog.draketo.de
-- Infinite Hands: http://infinite-hands.draketo.de - singing a part of the
history of free software.
-- Ein Würfel System: http://1w6.org - einfach sauberere (Rollenspiel-) Regeln

-- Mein öffentlicher Schlüssel (PGP/GnuPG):
http://draketo.de/inhalt/ich/pubkey.txt