Video from last week's country meetings.

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu May 29 02:39:24 EDT 2008

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 11:58 AM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
> On 5/23/08, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
>> I've posted the agenda for this week's country meetings, and slides
>>  from most talks, at:
>>   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Presentations/May_2008_Country_Workshop
>>  This includes Nicholas' talk on Tuesday where he announced the XO-2.
>
> I've now encoded and uploaded video from all of last Tuesday's talks;
> links at the url above.  Hopefully I will be able to get a copy of the
> videotapes for the rest of the week tomorrow and start encoding and
> posting them.  I'm missing some Friday slides that I'm trying to chase
> down as well.
>
> Hernan Pachas recommended we ask participants for additional related
> materials to post, for example photos they've taken during the event
> or video clips they showed.  I've been trying to get a copy of the
> "OLPC song" video which Hernan showed during his talk, for example. =)
>  (see http://download.laptop.org/content/conf/20080520-country-wkshp/Video/2008-05-20/06-Peru%20(medium).ogg
> starting at 31:18)
>  --scott

I got to see only short bits of Nicholas's presentations, using Gnash
on Ubuntu. The others I tried seemed to be complete.

The slide decks are very badly formatted, with text running off the
pages, and remarkably uninformative.

Alan Kay's presentation is one of the best I have ever seen. Thanks.

I'll watch some more tomorrow.
--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/