Announce: Spanish Wikipedia snapshot activity.

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Mon May 26 10:39:06 EDT 2008

Hi Tomeu,

   >>   http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/eswiki/Wikipedia-6.xo  (98MB)

   > In the past we have had some problems downloading and installing very
   > big bundles like that. Have you seen any unexpected behavior in the
   > shell or the journal?

Yes, I have.  The unzipping takes a minute or two, and during that time
the shell will freeze up.  It seems to all be okay once the install has
passed, though.

I don't understand why the freezing is so severe.  If I install the
bundle via "unzip" on tty1, the laptop stays multitasking and happy
while the unzipping happens.  In Sugar, I can't even switch to tty1
while it's being installed.

Thanks,

- Chris.
--