Turkish keyboard layout

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat May 24 08:01:25 EDT 2008

Sayamindu Dasgupta wrote:
> I'm not sure about the workflow for adding new keyboards - do I add
> the relevant changes to xkeyboard-config and start a build in Koji ?
> Thanks,

Both me and Arjun did it in the past.  It's not complicated:

 - checkout the Freedesktop xkeyboard-config CVS
     http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/XKeyboardConfig/Development
 - read the rules for submitting xkeyboard-config patches:
     http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/XKeyboardConfig/Rules
 - apply your changes there
 - diff to obtain a patch
 - open a bug in Freedesktop's bugzilla with the patch attached
 - wait for Sergey Udaltsov to apply it

In parallel, you can add the patch to the package:

 - obtain a Fedora account if you do not have one already
 - checkout Fedora CVS for xkeyboard-config
 - go to the OLPC-2 branch (check with dgilmore if you also need OLPC-3)
 - add your patch (see how the others were done)
 - commit your changes
 - rebuild in Koji
 - your changes will appear in the next joyride build

I could do this work for the tr keyboard, but my time is very limited
and long term we need to find another volunteer to replace me.

--
   \___/
  _| X |  Bernie Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/