No kernel messages displayed on 2.6.26-rc2

Denver Gingerich denver at ossguy.com
Fri May 23 14:04:25 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Michael Stone <michael at laptop.org> wrote:

> RPM is happy to build things in user-specified locations. You may be
> particularly interested in the suite of rpmbuild path-setting options
> including:
>
>  --define "_topdir=/foo"
>  --define "_srpmdir=/bar"
>  --define "_rpmdir=/baz"
>  --define "_builddir=/grr"
>  --define "_sourcedir=/mrg"

Are these documented somewhere?  I see _topdir is used on
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Rebuilding_OLPC_kernel (and not really
described) but a quick web search did not reveal any pages that list
these options or describe what they do (although the latter can be
inferred from the variable names).

In any case, the list above and what's on "Rebuilding OLPC kernel"
should be enough information for me to start building RPMs.  The
2.6.26-rc2 boot problems I'm experiencing still remain to be solved.
Let me know if there's anything I can do to provide more information.

Denver