XO-2

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Fri May 23 00:07:56 EDT 2008

On 5/22/08, Alex Belits <abelits at phobos.illtel.denver.co.us> wrote:
> Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> > I believe item k) was already in the contracts with Quanta and Marvell,

Just to clarify: Carl-Daniel is not an OLPC employee, and is not
speaking for OLPC.

>  I am still trying to find out, whom am I supposed to ask at Marvell to give
> the documentation and/or pieces of whatever source Marvell can release (in
> whatever shape) to me and other volunteers interested in work on wireless
> firmware, so we can make an open source version of libertas firmware. It
> looks like everyone is discouraged to even hope for it at this point.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Marvell_microkernel

A more constructive suggestion might be to support
http://open80211s.org/ , which is basically all of the wireless
firmware except the lowest-level hardware-specific stuff.
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )