XO-2

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Thu May 22 23:54:50 EDT 2008

On 5/22/08, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> On 22 May 2008, at 22:14, david at lang.hm wrote:
>  Just imagine the input issues with a 100% touch device in a hot/dusty/
>  dry/humid environment being used by a kid – but I'm guessing those are
>  just mere 'details' glossed over with some PhotoShoping (I'm sure I
>  saw a similar mock-up a couple of yeas back on AppleRumours). But I
>  _really_ and genuinely do hope they can be problems solved, especially
>  at that $75 bargain price, by the folks doing the actual work, but
>  time and resources are not yet in favour of that outcome given the
>  work required.

These were exactly the problems which kept the XO-1 from having a
touch screen.  But Mary Lou thinks she's got an answer now, and her
track record with displays is fantastic (regardless of what you feel
about the rest of the XO-1).  If I were a betting man, I'd put good
money on her being able to get this to work.

That said, there will certainly be good software needed to make the
whole package work.  We are hiring aggressively; I hope we will have
better resources to attack the problem by 2009.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )