XO-2

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu May 22 18:46:12 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 10:27 AM, Andres Salomon <dilinger at queued.net> wrote:
> I pointed out that one can enter text without using a keyboard.  Those
> of us who grew up using qwerty-style keyboards just happen to be
> fastest at entering text with such a device.

Indeed. Dasher is a must-try -- with a little bit of training you can
do text input way faster than with a keyboard. It's different though,
in that it does engage the eyes (copying a text into a computer with
Dasher is probably awkward). So direct comparsons are unfair.

But it is definitely a viable non-keyboard tool, way more reliable and
faster than handwriting or voice recognition.

One caveat: to "get" dasher, plan to spend an or so hour "training"
yourself to use it. The first 10 minutes are a bit awkward.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions